What is the course about?
5S is the abbreviated reference to five Japanese words that govern workplace organization and housekeeping. The five words are: Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, and Shitsuke. The English language version of the 5S is Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain. The 5s philosophy is a common-sense approach to improve visual control in the workplace, and it goes hand-in-hand with good safety practices, and is equally applicable to manufacturing and service settings.
Implementing LEAN 5S program benefits
- Improved safety
- Higher equipment availability
- Lower defect rates
- Reduced costs
- Increased production agility and flexibility
- Improved employee morale
- Better asset utilization
- Enhanced enterprise image to customers, suppliers, employees, and management
Who should attend the course?
Anyone who is interested in learning how 5S can be a used to organize a workplace, or anyone who needs a refresher on the basics of 5S.
Why you should attend the course?
- Understand the fundamentals behind 5S, including its purpose, relationship to lean, purpose, and benefits
- Explain the 5S standards
- Explain how to use 5S to organize a workplace
No Reviews found for this course.